Meaning of is Over/Under in football betting explained by 88MYR with the how-to-bet guide for the M88 sportsbook. Place an O/U bet & claim up to an RM588 bonus!
In football betting, there are many betting options that enhance the thrills of gambling on teams, but there is one main betting option that does not require you to pick between any teams and this is the Over Under in football betting. So, to understand this cool betting option, 88MYR with the help of M88 has put together this article with image examples of the OU football betting options and guide.
What is Over/Under in betting football?
The over/under in football betting option is also known as the O/U option and it is one of the main bets found in almost all sports in the sportsbook. This betting option is also a simple betting option that comes with 2 sub-betting options – over or under. So, here you basically have to chose whether the total score of the game would be above a certain number or under it.
- The over/under betting option is found in most matches in sportsbooks like the M88 Football sportsbook and it requires you to place bets on the total score of both teams at the end of the match or first half, depending on which betting option you select.
- The Over/Under betting option has 2 sub-betting options which is Over and Under and this is used to predict whether the total score is over a given margin or under the given margin.
- This given margin is derived from observing the previous matches of the teams playing together to determine the average total goals both teams can score.
- So, if you bet on Over, then you are placing bets to predict that the total score will be more than the given margin. And if you place bets on Under, then you are placing bets to predict that the total score will be less than the given margin.
Examples of Over/Under in football betting
- Over/Under 1.5 Goals Meaning and its kind is the most common OU betting option seen in sportsbooks with .5 margins.
- 1.75 and its kind is an OU option that is derived from the average of the OU sub-betting option before and after it, in this case, the average of 1.5 and 2.
- Lastly, the single number margin OU bets, like the OU 2 in football betting is given without a decimal margin, given bettors possible case scenarios.
Over 1.5 means that you are placing bets to predict the total goals scored in the match would be more than 1.5, i.e. 2 or more goals.
If the total score of the match is less than 1.5 goals, which is 1 or 0, then the bets placed on Over 1.5 would lose.
Under 1.5 means that you are placing bets to predict that the total goals scored in the match would be less than 1.5, which is 1 or 0 goals.
If the total score of the match is more than 1.5, which is 2 or more goals, then the bets placed on Under 1.5 would lose.
Over 1.75 bets are placed to predict that the total score would be 3 or more goals.
However, if there are exactly 2 goals, then the betting stake would be refunded.
The bets would lose if the total score is less than 2 goals, which is 1 or 0 goals.
Under 1.75 bets are placed to predict that the total score would be 1 or 0 goals.
But if the total score is exactly 2 goals, then the betting stake would be refunded.
The bets would lose if the total score is 3 or more goals.
Over 2 bets predict that the total score would be 3 or more than 3 goals.
If the total score is exactly 2 goals then the betting stake is refunded.
But if the total score is less than 2 goals, that is 1 or 0, then the bet would lose.
Under 2 bets predict that the total score would be 1 or 0 goals.
If the total score is exactly 2 goals then the betting stake will be refunded.
If the total score of the match is 3 or more than 3 goals, then the bet is lost.
Note: The Over/Under 1.75 bet is also known as Half-Bet. This means that the number is derived from the average of the OU 1.5 and OU 2 betting option using the equation (1.5 + 2)/2 = 1.75. This is why, the conditions of both the OU 1.5 and OU 2 apply for the OU 1.75 sub-betting option.
Place Over/Under bets smoothly in 3 steps at M88 Malaysia
Now that you know what over under in football means with the above examples and explanations, it is time to move on to the second section of this article where we will give you the easiest 3-step guide on how to place Over Under bets on online betting sites. For this tutorial, we will be using the sportsbook at M88 Malaysia, one of Asia’s top online betting sites where you can get new member M88 Promotion up to RM588!
Step 1: Log into your M88 account and select a sportsbook
- The first thing that you must do is log in to your M88 account on the official website by clicking on ‘Login‘. This will give you access to a pop-up box where you must enter your login credentials.
- If you do not have an account at M88, then you can go ahead and click on ‘Register‘ which will give you the M88 registration form that you must fill out with accuracy for security purposes.
- Once you have completed the signup process in the M88 Register on the official website, you will find yourself on the homepage, where you must now click on or hover your mouse cursor over the ‘Sports‘ product.
- This will give you access to the top 3 sportsbooks in the betting world online. From there, you can pick your preferred sportsbook and move to the next step. Here, we decided to use the Pinnacle Sports sportsbook which makes betting easier and affordable as the rates start from RM2 only!
Step 2: Filter the sportsbook to pick a suitable OU football game
- When you enter the sportsbook of your choice, you will find all the sports matches with their betting options and odds on one page so now, you must filter the sportsbook by clicking on ‘Soccer‘ to get all the soccer matches on one page.
- As you can see, you can further filter out the M88 Sportsbook by selecting matches from Highlights, Live, or Leagues. From these you can pick any match of your choice since the Over/Under betting option is found in all matches as a main bet.
- Here, we have selected a soccer match played between two strong teams from the England Premier League – Manchester City and Liverpool. When you find a match you are interested in, you can move on to the last step.
Step 3: Fill the bet slip to lock Over or Under bets for the match
- Now that you have picked a match you want to place a bet on, you must scroll down to find the over/under betting option which is also given as the Total – Match since this betting option lets us predict the total score of the match.
- From this, you must click on your preferred sub-betting option which is over or under, and this will open a bet slip to the right-hand side of your screen. You can try applying some Football Betting Tips and Tricks hereon as well!
- In the bet slip, you must enter your betting stake, and based on the given odds, you will see how much payout you will win if your prediction is accurate. Once this is done, click on ‘Confirm 1 Single Bet‘ to lock your debts for the match in anticipation of the results!
- Here, we decided to bet of RM2 on the sub-betting option Under 2 with the betting odds of 3.760, so if we win the bet we will receive a payout of RM7.52 and if the match ends in a draw, the betting stake is refunded to us.
Bet on Over/Under bets using the given betting odds
Along with Football Betting Strategies, betting odds in sportsbooks is one of the best ways to receive higher payouts by placing accurate bets. Betting odds are responsible for determining how much payout you will receive based on the betting stake. To understand this, let us look at the two outcomes of the bet we placed in the tutorial above.
Wagered on Over 2
Condition: Required more than 2 goals for bets to win and exact 2 goals for a refund.
Betting odds: 1.294
Betting stake: RM2
Payout if the bet wins: RM2.58
Wagered on Under 2
Condition: Requires less than 2 goals for bets to win and exact 2 goals for a refund.
Betting odds: 3.760
Betting stake: RM2
Payout if the bet wins: RM7.52
As you can see, the higher the betting odds, the more payout returns you will receive if your bet wins but choosing the correct betting option by taking the game stats into consideration is also important along with the betting odds.
Here, we placed a bet on Under 2 since it has high odds but also because Manchester City and Liverpool are strong teams, so scoring a total of more than 2 goals within 90 minutes seems unlikely to happen, and if they score a total of 2 goals, then we would get our betting stake refunded.